The Office of the Village Clerk is often considered the center of Village Government, and is the major source of information to the residents of the Village of Fishkill. It serves many functions, such as registrar of vital statistics, records management officer, filing officer, and recording secretary for the Village Board and elections coordinator.
The Village Clerk works closely with the Mayor and the Village Board in coordinating Village policy. If you have any questions regarding this office or any matter concerning Village Government, please contact our office.
The office is located in the Van Wyck Hall at 1095 Main Street in the Village of Fishkill and open weekdays from 8 AM - 4 PM.
Note: Village payments are accepted by cash, check or credit card (CC fee is 2.45% $3.00 Min. fee).
Angela Arasim, CMC, RMC
Programs & Services
- Authors minute books of the activities of Village Government. The resulting volumes are retained permanently for legal and historic purposes.
Records Management Officer
- Custodian of all Village records, responsible for active files, storage and disposition of inactive records and the careful maintenance of archival material.
- Administrator of the Freedom of Information Law, which guarantees your right to know.
- Maintains records of adopted Village and Local Laws, Village oaths of office, resignations, petitions, proof of publications, annual budgets, and zoning code books and maps.
- Advertises by Public Notice activities of the Village such as meetings and public hearings.
- Maintains a public signboard.
- Advertises and receives bids for purchase of Village materials.
- The Village Clerk provides Notary Public service from 8 AM - 4 PM weekdays.
- Issues Village licenses/permits mandated by Local Law and Handicapped Access Permits.
Notice of Defect
- The Village Clerk is responsible for accepting all "Notices of Defect" for Village property and roadways. Any defect, condition or complaint must be submitted to the Clerk in writing. No verbal notifications can be accepted. To assist with this task, a Notice of Defect Form is located in the Village Clerk Forms section.
- The Village Clerk is the coordinator for elections, advising the state of vacancies for elections, overseeing polling places and equipment, election inspectors.
- In addition, oversees special Village elections, permissive or mandatory referendums and Village acquisition of property.
Water/Sewer Billing and Collection
- Is responsible for Water and Sewer billing and collection of fees.
Registrar of Vital Statistics (Vital Records - Birth and Death Certificates)
- Birth and Death Certificates are filed with the Village Clerk for occurrences that take place within the Village of Fishkill.
Records on File
- The Village of Fishkill maintains records of births and deaths that occurred in the Village of Fishkill. These records start at 1907.